Quantcast

Problems with query input

Patrick
Hello,

As of yesterday afternoon (February 16th) I am no longer able to search for queries in Japanese via the Patentscope search page. Specifically, I can input a query in Japanese the first time that I open the simple search page as long as I am not logged in with my Patentscope user account. Search results are returned for the first query I enter in Japanese, but the query in Japanese is transformed into something along the lines of "FP:("外用剤")" and displayed at the top of the page. Subsequent searches in Japanese return no results whatsoever even when I search for terms commonly occurring in patent applications. When I log into my user account, I am unable to receive results even for the initial query.

I tried using several different browsers on several different devices (Chrome/Firefox on Mac running OSX, Chrome on PC running Windows 10, Safari on iOS) but the problem appears to be the same across the board.

On a separate note, when I log into my Patentscope user account, I now have to reconfigure my user options at each use session (the options related to query, interface, office, etc.) regardless of whether I have saved them or not. If I close my browser, restart the browser, and log into Patentscope again the user options I configured and saved in the last session are all back to their default values. I tried the "save current interface options" button as well, but this didn't have any effect. If I remember correctly, the inability to save my user account settings started in mid-December 2016. I have a feeling this may have to do with my using an older version of OSX for system stability reasons (and hence older versions of Firefox/Chrome within said OS), but I thought I would at least mention the issue in case there is a way to resolve it by reconfiguring my browser/user account/etc.

Thanks as always for your help.

Patrick

Re: Problems with query input

patentscope-wipo
Administrator
We are aware of the issue and are working on solving it asp

Thank you for your patience

Re: Problems with query input

Patrick
Great, thank you!

Re: Problems with query input

patentscope-wipo
Administrator
The issue has been fixed; please try again and let us know if the problem persists.