As of yesterday afternoon (February 16th) I am no longer able to search for queries in Japanese via the Patentscope search page. Specifically, I can input a query in Japanese the first time that I open the simple search page as long as I am not logged in with my Patentscope user account. Search results are returned for the first query I enter in Japanese, but the query in Japanese is transformed into something along the lines of "FP:("å¤ç¨å¤")" and displayed at the top of the page. Subsequent searches in Japanese return no results whatsoever even when I search for terms commonly occurring in patent applications. When I log into my user account, I am unable to receive results even for the initial query.
I tried using several different browsers on several different devices (Chrome/Firefox on Mac running OSX, Chrome on PC running Windows 10, Safari on iOS) but the problem appears to be the same across the board.
On a separate note, when I log into my Patentscope user account, I now have to reconfigure my user options at each use session (the options related to query, interface, office, etc.) regardless of whether I have saved them or not. If I close my browser, restart the browser, and log into Patentscope again the user options I configured and saved in the last session are all back to their default values. I tried the "save current interface options" button as well, but this didn't have any effect. If I remember correctly, the inability to save my user account settings started in mid-December 2016. I have a feeling this may have to do with my using an older version of OSX for system stability reasons (and hence older versions of Firefox/Chrome within said OS), but I thought I would at least mention the issue in case there is a way to resolve it by reconfiguring my browser/user account/etc.
Hello again. Sorry to nag, but the issue with search queries returning no results is continuing to be a problem. I can input a query with or without operators from the top Patentscope search page and I get results, but as soon as I log in to my Patentscope account or attempt to modify the search options without logging in to my account, my queries return zero results every time (once again, using terms that commonly occur in patent applications). I no longer have the display of blocks/alphanumeric characters in the query box like I was getting last week when I input terms in Japanese, but this appears to be the only change. After trying various configurations within my user settings I noticed that I start having zero results as soon as I switch the option "Office" to any box besides the "All" box (i.e., when I check the box for PCT, Japan, etc.). I additionally noticed that searching for queries in other languages such as English and French returns zero results once I log in with my user account or try to modify the "Office" tab without logging in, so the problem doesn't appear to be originating from the input of Japanese characters in particular. I tested all these possibilities in OSX/iOS/Windows and tried creating a new user account with the same result every time. The search page works for the most part with the "All" box checked in the "Office" tab, but being able to filter by office is sure helpful and saves a lot of time when one only wants to look at international applications, documents from one office in particular, etc.